APPA posts job advertisements for roles that may be relevant to its membership. If you’d like to place a job advertisement, please complete the Post Job Form, and an APPA committee member will contact you shortly.
Senior Medical Science Liaison: Neurology
Eli Lilly is a top 10 global pharmaceutical company, dedicated to creating medicines that help improve peoples’ quality of life for more than 135 years. At the heart of Lilly’s operations are its core values – excellence, integrity and respect for people and these are reflected in business practices that include strong governance principles, the ethical development of medicines, transparency and ethical product promotion.
View Job Description
Advanced degree in health sciences (PharmD, MD, PhD in a medically related field) required with 2-3 years of relevant clinical or therapeutic area experience desired. Masters or Bachelors level degree in health sciences (e.g. BSN, RPh, PA, NP) considered if 5 or more years clinical, research or industry (medical/scientific role) experience in relevant therapeutic area is present.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience as an MSL.
- Specific experience with Migraines and Pain portfolios within the Neurology therapeutic area.
- Experience in servicing customer needs for complex information.
- Significant experience in professional networking with mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Experience in field based working environment highly valued.
- Familiarity with health systems, academic communities, medical research, and medical education process highly valued.
Competencies, Skills and Required Knowledge:
- Intellectual curiosity about the field of science/medicine for which they are responsible.
- Learning agility to comprehend and effectively communicate large amounts of complex scientific content in a clear and concise fashion.
- Self-directed and able to work alone in the field effectively managing multiple priorities and projects.
- Advanced presentation and computer skills with expertise in literature identification.
- Effective strategic and critical thinking in order to analyse, assess and evaluate information and interpret impact or relevance to future states.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use field-based electronic or other communication tools for all aspects of job is critical.
- Resiliency in managing complex challenges.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills, including high emotional intelligence and the ability to engage in professional relationship building and networking.
Scientific Experts (SEs) are individuals who are noted for their expertise in a therapeutic area and as a result have special needs for in-depth and cutting edge information, because they design and implement novel research and educate colleagues and students. The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) program is specifically designed to meet these needs through a field-based group of medical professionals with deep content knowledge about specific disease states, Lilly and competitor compounds and current issues in the therapeutic areas they represent. MSLs recognise and communicate feedback and insights of strategic importance from their interactions with SEs, to better inform Lilly’s strategic direction for research and commercialization. By facilitating scientific exchange between industry and the scientific community, MSLs have the opportunity to shape the future of healthcare by providing needed information that addresses important clinical and scientific questions.
Field based position requires ability to travel up to 80% and work up to 4 to 6 weekends a year.
Applicants must live in close proximity to a transport hub (airport/train station).
Maintain and effectively communicate deep scientific knowledge:
MSLs will be required to engage in continuous learning to maintain the highest level of technical expertise within the therapeutic area they represent. This will enable the MSL to answer deep scientific questions and be sought after by their customers based on peer-credible knowledge and expertise. As a result, the MSL will establish themselves as a reliable, trusted, resource of unbiased, accurate, up-to-date, medical and scientific knowledge requested and desired by their customers.
Excel at customer engagement and support medical/scientific information needs of scientific experts:
MSLs will spend the majority of their time field based and customer facing engaging in mutually beneficial 2-way dialogues with SEs. Through the application of emotional intelligence and a deep understanding of their customers, MSLs will act as one of the primary interfaces between Lilly medical and scientific experts to deliver the best in class customer experiences. Core to the role is to answer customer questions by providing deep and advanced disease state and product information. Additionally, MSLs connect SEs with other Lilly resources or internal business partners as appropriate and identify possible collaborative research or external collaborations.
Strategic vision and leadership:
MSLs synthesize complex data and effectively communicate meaningful clinical insights and unanswered customer questions they receive from SEs to Lilly medical and cross-functional teams. They use creative problem solving skills and utilize internal resources effectively to execute upon solutions. MSLs use a principle based decision-making approach to make decisions independently or escalate them appropriately. They cultivate internal networks and collaborate effectively across functions with an active contribution to medical planning and strategy in the affiliate.
MSLs will be expected to demonstrate strategic analysis, planning, and prioritization to maximize efficiency. They will implement and evaluate a strategic territory plan prioritizing core ML activity and take personal accountability for results.
The MSL will execute the role in a compliant manner, adhering to all governing internal and external requirements, procedures, and laws, demonstrating good judgement at all times.
To apply, please send your CV through: Recruitment_ANZ@lilly.com
Senior Medical Science Liaison – GSK
Melbourne and Brisbane based opportunities
GlaxoSmithKline is bound by a global promise to keep patients’ interests at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to driving innovation and best practice in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries, leading with an ethical approach in all activities including access to medicines and reinvestment into the communities we operate in.
Due to growth we have 2 newly created MSL vacancies available for our high profile and market leading Respiratory therapeutic area in Brisbane and Melbourne. Reporting into the MSL Manager, the role will play a critical part in engaging with key Respiratory specialists to evaluate and share scientific research and provide education support.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A PhD in respiratory or a related field such as Cardiology or Immunology.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills with the ability to interpret and relay complex scientific information.
- Comfort and confidence presenting to groups.
This role represents a great chance to showcase your scientific expertise and presentation skills in a fast paced and varied environment and to be part of a global business that is focussed and committed to helping people to feel better and live longer.